LOG definition

Last post 11-16-2012, 11:43 AM by Vincenzo_Basolino. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • LOG definition
    Posted: 11-16-2012, 9:11 AM

where can I found the definition of what log tells what, is there any documentation on the log definition some are evident with there name but some are realy not

attache is the log that I have on my commcell

Attachment: commvault_log.docx
  • Re: LOG definition
    Posted: 11-16-2012, 10:35 AM

I was told a while back that there isn't a listing for this by Support. I've been looking for the same thing and just started making my own as I run across new ones I have to look for.

If you happen across a listing, please do share. Smile

Posted: 11-16-2012, 11:32 AM

ok but do you have any to share with me

what is CVD*.LOG

Posted: 11-16-2012, 11:43 AM

If you understand what the process does it helps understand which log you would look at.

CVD.exe

Main communication process which controls connectivity, firewall communication, patch information, and space checks. This process writes to the CVD.log and cvfwd.log.

EvMgrC.exe

Forwards events generated on the local machine to the CommServe. In addition it helps the CommServe to browse the application data on local machine. This process writes to the EvMgrC.log

EvMgrS.exe

Responsible for communicating with CommCell Console and receive the events from the Clients and/or MediaAgents. This process writes to the EvMgrS.log

JobMgr.exe

Responsible for running and controlling jobs and also communicate with the available resources. This process writes to the JobManager.log

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy