CommVault Forums

Solving Forward - Solving Together
Welcome to CommVault Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in

Job User Name

Last post 07-30-2013, 6:28 PM by GhengisKhan. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Job User Name
    Posted: 07-25-2013, 3:18 PM

CommServe = Win2k8 Simpana10 SP3

When backup and aux copies run, they do so under my User Name, presumably because I created the schedules that launch them.  I would like them to run under a different account.  Can I do that without having to rebuild the schedules, and if so, how?

All your base are belong to us....

G.K.
  • Re: Job User Name
    Posted: 07-25-2013, 3:44 PM

you are correct that the owner of the schedule will be the "Run As" person for the job. I dont think there is a way of explicitly changing who is displayed as the run as user, but you can work around it by logging in as the user you want, making a minor change to the schedule and saving it. that way it will start running as that user. 

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 07-25-2013, 3:46 PM

Hi Ghengis, when you say "different account", you mean CommCell user, within the CommCell Console correct?

Posted: 07-25-2013, 3:53 PM

Hello,

There is a way to do this.  Please contact the Support Hotline and have a ticket opened for this.  The engineer working the case should supply you with the Qscript changeScheduleOwnerAndRunBy with the instructions on how to run it and that should allow you to change it.

JW

Posted: 07-30-2013, 1:49 PM

Plkease note that the changeScheduleOwnerAndRunBy will reassociate all the reports and alerts that were created by a specific user to the new user. Meaning if you want to update the report to show it ran from UserB instead of UserA and you run this script, if UserA created other reports or alerts, they will be updated as well. It is an all or nothing user change.

If you want to just make this change to one or two reports it is best you follow James's original suggestion of editing the schedule so it updates the owner name.

Thank you,
    CommVault Customer Support
    24/7 Support Hotline#: 1.877.780.3077

Posted: 07-30-2013, 6:28 PM

Jen E. - Thanks, had not considered that, good to know...

All your base are belong to us....

G.K.
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of CommVault Systems, Inc. ("CommVault") and CommVault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, CommVault.
CommVault, CommVault and logo, the “CV” logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2014 CommVault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy