Cannot create Subclient for SQL-Instance though Proxy-Method [v9]

Last post 01-14-2014, 6:14 AM by jankete. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Cannot create Subclient for SQL-Instance though Proxy-Method [v9]
    Posted: 01-13-2014, 10:41 AM

Hi,

we have an MSSQL-Cluster version 11.0.3128.0 on Windows Server 2012 in our DMZ and want to backup it with the SQL-Agent. So I installed the FS-Agent on the physical nodes and the SQL-Agent on the vitual node like we did on our internal SQL-Cluster. The Simpana firewall-settings are made for using a simpana-proxy.

Filesystem-Backups for the physical nodes are working well and also software-updates for the agents are working.

Bun when I try to create a "New SQL-Server" on the SQL-Agent on the virtual node, it failes. I get the window where I can choose the instance (it is shown correctly) and the storage policy to use. I don't give user credentials as we use the local system account. Then I hit OK and short time later i get this error:

"Failed to create SQL Instance [INSTANCE-NAME]. SQL services my be offline or User authentication failed."

May you help me here?

Thanks,
    Jankete 

• Re: Cannot create Subclient for SQL-Instance though Proxy-Method [v9]
    Posted: 01-13-2014, 11:05 AM

Does local system have SA rights on this SQL instances?  By default SQL 2012 does NOT allow local system rights on the system so it would need to be granted manually.  Could you try instead with a service account that has local administrator and SA rights?

• Re: Cannot create Subclient for SQL-Instance though Proxy-Method [v9]
    Posted: 01-14-2014, 6:14 AM

Thanks! That giving "local system" enough rights solved our problem. We (and also our SQL-admins) did not knew, that this was changend in SQL 2012.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy