LiveSync on hyper-v 2016 problem with workflow

Last post 06-09-2017, 1:54 PM by rpolimera. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • LiveSync on hyper-v 2016 problem with workflow
    Posted: 06-06-2017, 1:10 PM

Hello!
    I would like to implement in my organization the idea of LiveSync to quickly restore virtual machine.
    I have a problem while running Planned failover and also unplanned failover.
    Well, while running a workflow at 2%, there is an error with missing information about vAppID.

Did any of you meet something like that? Maybe someone have a solution?
    All stands on hyper-v 2016, my CS is 11 with SP7.

• Re: LiveSync on hyper-v 2016 problem with workflow
    Posted: 06-06-2017, 5:09 PM

hi Pawel

We haven't seen this error in our lab environment.

Can you please send the logs using Send logs from the Commserv and your Commcell Id?

Is this happening all the time?

Thanks

Rajesh

Posted: 06-07-2017, 3:09 AM

Hello Rajesh thanks for the reply,
    Logs are in the attachment.
    My production ID is fda8d.
    I was trying on two different environments independent of each other and each time there is the same problem... :(

Attachment: Desktop.zip
    Posted: 06-07-2017, 3:21 AM

Hello Rajesh thanks for the reply,
    Logs are in the attachment.
    My production ID is fda8d.
    I was trying on two different environments independent of each other and each time there is the same problem... :(

Posted: 06-08-2017, 2:16 PM

Hi Pawel

we are able to reproduce this issue, if we connect to SP7 Commserv from older version GUI.

Can you please update service pack for the Commcell console and try again

Also in SP7, you can navigate to Dev-Test & DR -> Failover Groups node and create a fail over group for orchestration of fail over.

Thanks

Rajesh

Posted: 06-09-2017, 5:45 AM

Rajesh thanks for your commitment.

I`ve update the version of SP7+ on all the client manually but after this operation there is no change.
    Logs in the attach.

"Also in SP7, you can navigate to Dev-Test & DR -> Failover Groups node and create a fail over group for orchestration of fail over."

I don`t understand that moment, could you say something more?

Posted: 06-09-2017, 1:54 PM

hi Pawel

You might be having a Commcell Console package alone installed on your desktop that is being used to connect to the Commserv.

Please remote desktop to the Commserv machine and launch the console from that machien and try it once?

Here is the documenation link for the failover groups

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/vm_lifecycle_mgmt/t_dtdr_failover_grp_getting_started.htm

if not resolved, please open a ticket , we can go on webex and look at it.

Thanks

Rajesh

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy