Web Console End user access issue with NAS sub clients.

Last post 10-10-2017, 7:17 AM by avibhor. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Web Console End user access issue with NAS sub clients.
    Posted: 10-05-2017, 9:25 PM

Hi,

Myself Jit Mehta from Perth and I'm new bee here at forum. :)

I'm struggling with user access permissions on web console.

we are using Driverless OnePass for C-Mode NetApp as a NAS client for Archiving Windows shares on it. I have added 2 sub-clients under file system and configured archive without stubing. Archiving works well and deleted files at source share.

- We define ownership at NAS client level, that makes Web console works actually. I've given browse, download, in-place recover, end users permissions at NAS client ownership tab.
    - Now I can't really restrict users to particular sub-client for browse and restore access despite associating users to particular sub-clients only.
    - Users can see all other sub-clients defined for archiving. Can we disable inheritance on sub-client level and give exclusive permission for a particular sub-client only?
    - Not sure if it's even possible to disable/override permissions set at sub-lient level. Followed this document - http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/web_console/t_wcnsl_admin_end_user_on_client.htm

We're using Commvault v11 sp8 in our enviorment.

Thanks heaps,

- Jit

• Re: Web Console End user access issue with NAS sub clients.
    Posted: 10-10-2017, 7:17 AM

Hi Jit,

To make the client ( NAS) visible in the webconsole, You have given them rights at client level. To keep it simple for end user, we perform browse at backupset level for NAS client and check for security at that level. As of now we do not have capability to perform browse at subclient level even if browse is started at higher level. We can look into adding this capability in future. Can you please get this submitted as customer request thru support.

-Anand

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy