Error during Sharepoint backup

Last post 04-19-2018, 8:29 AM by ignesi. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Error during Sharepoint backup
    Posted: 04-06-2016, 5:46 AM

Good morning, I have a couple of questions regarding an issue that occurs during a Sharepoint backup, namely; 

[\*\*\\*\*\*.aspx] failed during export with error [Exception of type 'Cobalt.ErrorException' was thrown.]

I have already seen the Backup troubleshooting SP0004 solution given on BOL, however using this additonal setting does not get rid of the error.

Ref: http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=products/sharepoint/backup_troubleshooting.htm

Could it be that even though this additional setting has been used, it still somehow uses the SQL snapshot?

Are there perhaps any other fixes regarding this known problem?

Thanks alot in advance, let me know if you need any additional information.

Versions used:

CV v10 (Build 116)

Sharepoint 2003

Kind regards,

Wesley

• Re: Error during Sharepoint backup
    Posted: 04-10-2018, 5:01 PM

Hi.

I am also experiencing this issue on CV11 SP10 using SharePoint 2013 during Document level backups.

I have added the additional setting on the CommServe but the error persists during a full backup of the documents subclient.

Anything else to consider?

Thanks.

Posted: 04-11-2018, 12:17 AM

Hi All,

Can we try run a native export of the site giving this error update the results of the export job

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/sharepoint-server/export-spweb?view=sharepoint-ps

Export-SPWeb -Identity https://site -Path C:\temp\Sitebackup -NoFileCompression -IncludeVersions All -IncludeUserSecurity -UseSQLSnapshot 

And set debug for cvspbackup.log to 5 , run backup and share log.

Posted: 04-11-2018, 5:58 PM

Just to clarify, when you set the additional setting, what value are you giving it?  This solution works around a MSFT issue with the exports with SQL DB snapshots.  To resolve the issue, set the additional setting to 0, run the backup, than you can remove the key or set it back to 1.  Running a single backup with the snapshot setting turned off will allow subsequent jobs to run with it back on.  

Posted: 04-15-2018, 1:28 PM

Initially I added the key on the CommServe node.

I have now added this onto the client and the Cobalt exception errors have been cleared up. There are other failures listed as - FAILED    Cannot complete this action.

Any ideas what this is related to?

Thanks.

Posted: 04-16-2018, 12:32 PM

Good to hear on the cobalt errors.  Now that those are gone have you reverted the additional setting back to the original setting so that snapshots are enabled?

Once that is in place, let us know if there are still problems.  Unfortunately the errors you noted are likely environmental issues with the sites themselves.  Would it be possible to try an export of those sites outside of Commvault using powershell: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/sharepoint-server/export-spweb?view=sharepoint-ps

Posted: 04-19-2018, 8:29 AM

Disable the option now.

Backup still running fine.

Thanks.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy