Finding VMs on subclient

Last post 06-13-2018, 7:43 AM by KellyR. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Finding VMs on subclient
    Posted: 06-12-2018, 5:24 PM

In the SQL Server database, how do I tie the subclient to the VMs that it backs up? The view CommCellBkSchedule lists the subclient, but I need to know which VMs are included. I'm looking for how the system is set up, not based on previous backups. Thanks.

• Re: Finding VMs on subclient
    Posted: 06-12-2018, 6:23 PM

Can you elaborate on this a bit further?  I don't understand the question.

• Re: Finding VMs on subclient
    Posted: 06-13-2018, 7:43 AM

Ultimately what I am looking for is a list of all of our servers (both physical and VM) to determine where the primary copy is mapped to for libraries. We're having space issues in some of our libraries and I want to see which servers have Libraries as the Default so we can make appropriate changes.

Here is a sample list of what I would like:

Server                                   SubClient             Storage Policy                    Copy                      Default Library

----------------------              -----------------      --------------------------        -------------            --------------------

Physical Server 1               default                 CV Storage Policy 1          Primary                Library 1

VM 1                                    VSA Group 1       CV Storage Policy 2          Primary                Library 2

Physical Server 2                default                 CV Storage Policy 3          Primary                Library 3

VM 2                                    VSA Group 2       CV Storage Policy 1          Primary                Library 1

The view CommCellStoragePolicy gives me almost everything I need, except it lumps all of my VMs under the instance=VMware and idataagent=Virtual Server and Client=VCSA-SRV1. What I would like is to have each VM listed as the Client which is the same as the physical servers.

Please let me know if I can provide more information. Thanks for your consideration.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy