Create a plan in admin console

Last post 07-12-2018, 8:27 PM by Ola Lawal. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Create a plan in admin console
    Posted: 07-11-2018, 8:57 AM

Hello

What permission do I need to see a "create plan" hyperlink in plans menu? I created a tenant admin user, give him all permissions to entire comcell and he is still not able to create a new plan. (Commcell admin can do this without problem)

Thank you

• Re: Create a plan in admin console
    Posted: 07-11-2018, 10:15 AM

Hi Jozovo,

See http://docs.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=8370.htm

Let me know if this answers your question.

Thank you

Posted: 07-11-2018, 10:23 AM

Hi,

1.) This feauture is only available on SP12, there is an auto created role named ‘Derived plan creator role.
    2.) You will have to assign this role to the tenant admin over any derivable plan.
    3.) With this, the tenant admin will be successfully able to derive and create new plans.
    Thanks 
    Ola.
    Posted: 07-11-2018, 11:09 AM

I added derrived plan creator role for tescomp\admin in the test plan (before I used Plan creator role). I can derrive existing plan, but i'm not able to build plan from the scratch (still not see a hyperlink)

I tried to add this role to entire commcell from Java console, but without any success.

We already have SP12

Where could be a problem?

Thank you for cooperation.

Posted: 07-11-2018, 8:41 PM

Hi,

As you advised, you can derive plans from existing but not able to create.

Could you create a new Test Plan as Admin and ensure you select the "Override base setting"

1. Firstly, create a Base Plan. (Important: Review your selections. The override options cannot be changed after the plan is created.) Reference: http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp12/adminconsole/article?p=92993.htm
    2. Secondly, create Plans from a Base Plan documentation: http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp12/adminconsole/article?p=93002.htm
    3. To allow the derived plan to act as a base plan, under Override restrictions, select the Allow plan to be overridden check box. (Important: Review your selections. The override options cannot be changed after the plan is created.)
    4. Test and confirm you are able to create Plans using Tenant Admins
    5. Please lodge a case wih commvault support if you are still unable to create plan as Tenant Admin
    Thanks 
    Ola
    Posted: 07-12-2018, 5:30 AM

Hi Ola

I reviewed a problem and I think that the possibility to derive a new plan from the base plan is for our purposes enough and it works. Thank you for this suggestion.

There is a problem that this option is not possible for virtual plans (I got stuck on it for a while), but it is described in documentation.

Thank you for cooperation.

Posted: 07-12-2018, 8:27 PM

Hi Jozo,

You are welcome! I am glad I have been able to successfully resolve this for you.

Please could you help to mark my post as resolved please as this will assist other Forum readers to see the resolution as highlighted in "Green".

Regards

Ola

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy