Alternate Data Paths

Last post 10-15-2018, 10:36 AM by Strangedays. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Alternate Data Paths
    Posted: 09-11-2018, 5:04 AM

Hello

I have this resource:

- site A with MA_A and DiskLib_A with GDP_A

- site B with MA_B and DiskLib_B with GDP_B

- multiple storage policy SP_SITE_A_xxx (that are dependent from GDP_A)

I wish to obtain this:

1) in the primary copy of my storage policy the preferred path MA_A/DiskLib_A and the alternate path (if preferred is not available) MA_B/DiskLib_B

2) in the secondary copy (synchronous) the preferred path MA_B/DiskLib_B

is this configuration feasible?

Many thanks

• Re: Alternate Data Paths
    Posted: 10-05-2018, 10:25 PM
    • MWR is not online. Last active: 10-05-2018, 10:26 PM MWR
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-22-2010
    • San Clemente CA
    • Newcomer
    • Points 2

Yes, possible but bad design and no not really feasible with CV dedupe. A design I don't ever implement.

Posted: 10-12-2018, 5:44 AM

Hi Mark

why do you doesn't suggest this configuration?

how can I achieve a similar result?

Regards

Posted: 10-15-2018, 10:36 AM

Hi Mark

so isn't possible to have another Data Path to the DiskLibrary if the storage policy it's configured with dedup? even if the alternate Data Path would write data without dedup?

The only solution would be to have a partitioned DDB with 2 Media Agent?

Regards

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy