Operation on developing SDK: Unable to get Subclient details from commvault sdk-python

Last post 11-14-2018, 2:19 AM by Swagata Chowdhury. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Operation on developing SDK: Unable to get Subclient details from commvault sdk-python
    Posted: 10-10-2018, 3:27 AM

Hi,

I am developing a customized python script to get backupset, subclient details using Commvault SDK software package "CVPYSDK". The probelm I am facing is I am unable to get "backupset" as well as "subclient" details.

for backupset I am using : backupset = agent.backupsets.get(backupset_name='wf_test2_swag') command.

It gives me error -  File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\cvpysdk-11.14-py2.7.egg\cvpysdk\backupset.py", line 484, in get
        self._backupsets[backupset_name]["id"]
      File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\cvpysdk-11.14-py2.7.egg\cvpysdk\backupset.py", line 586, in __init__
        self._agent_object = self._instance_object._agent_objectHowever,

However, I can print & view the backupsets, using print(agent.backupsets) command

for subclient I am not sure which command I should used to view the subclient of any particular backupset?

PFA the snaptshot.

kindly help. Thanks

• Re: Operation on developing SDK: Unable to get Subclient details from commvault sdk-python
    Posted: 10-22-2018, 9:54 AM

below is the command for subclient

subclient = backupset.subclients.get(subclient_name)

What is the SP version of SDK?

• Re: Operation on developing SDK: Unable to get Subclient details from commvault sdk-python
    Posted: 10-31-2018, 1:50 AM

Hi ,

First of all thanks for your reply.

Please note I am using "cvpysdk 11.13" , "Python version is 2.7.1" and "Commvault is SP12" version .

Let me explain with more details:

I am trying to develop a python code for Commvault restoration process using "CVPYSDK" , to get the details of clients, agaents, instances, backupset, subclient etc. and perform backup an restore via cvpysdk commands.

1. For Virtual Server Agent, we are able to get "Client" and "agent name" using the following command:

client = commcell.clients.get(client_name)
    agent = client.agents.get(agent_name),
    But we are not able to get instance_name and its giving a "Null" value in return, as mentioned below:
    >>> instance=agent.instances.get('openstack')
    openstack
    virtual server
    has instance and agent name in self instance dict
    "Virtual Server" Agent instance for Client: "dc2_vim1"
    >>> print instance
    None (Please not that our instance name "openstack" )
    print(agent.instances)
    S. No. Instance Agent Client

1 openstack virtual server dc2_vim1

2. However, For File server all the above commands are working fine and I am able to get instance details, backupset details and subclient contents as well.

So , My query is why I am not able to get "Instance level detail" for "Virtual Server Agent" while its working fine for "File Server" using "cvpysdk" commands.
    Posted: 11-12-2018, 3:31 AM

I suppose this is same issue below issue.

https://github.com/CommvaultEngg/cvpysdk/issues/55

Posted: 11-14-2018, 2:19 AM

Thanks. We are testing with CVPYSDK/dev branch

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2018 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy