i am getting familiar with CommVault (v11 SP13) and while looking through forum found some options to recover Media agent after crash. However 1-Touch wont work for me because we are backing up OS fia File System plus Indexes via IndexBackup client that is created for every storage policy.
Storage policy that holds baclups of Media agent and Indexes has local copy and secondary is sent to main data center. In case we lose whole Media agent with drives, recovery would be:
- Install new server with the OS;
- Install Media Agent package;
- Resotore Indexes from secondary copy;
- Restore DDB from secondary copy;
- Reconnect Disk Library;
- Index cahce will be re-created when new jobs comes in;
I am curious about Index'es. If restoring them from secondary copy is the only way to get them back?
Does it make sense?