ansible module/cvpysdk - SQL Server restore question

Last post 02-06-2020, 4:37 AM by tozajaczkowski. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • ansible module/cvpysdk - SQL Server restore question
    Posted: 02-06-2020, 4:37 AM

Hi All, 

I am having some issues with restore()/restore_to_destination_server() using SQL Server agents.

It looks like despite the fact that I am providing restore_path argument it seems to be ingored and restore job insists on restoring the SQL db in its original location which does not exist on destination instance.

Ansible 2.9.3
    Python 3.6.9
    Commvault 11 SP14 (yes, yes, I know)

I am passing the restore_path argument like this:

restore_path: '{{restore_data_path}}'

where
    restore_data_path: "E:\\Test_Dir_that_Exists\\Data\\"

I can see the restore job started but it's unable to complete with following error:
    "Query Result: Directory lookup for the file "X:\Original_dir_from_source_instance\db_name.mdf" failed with the operating system error 3 (the system cannot find the path specified). File 'db_name' cannot be restored to "X:\Original_dir_from_source_instance\db_name.mdf". Use WITH MOVE to identify a valid location for the file.  Directory lookup for the file "X:\Original_dir_from_source_instance\db_name_log.ldf" failed with the operating system error 3 (the system cannot find the path specified). File 'db_name_log' cannot be restored to "X:\Original_dir_from_source_instance\db_name_log.ldf". Use WITH MOVE to identify a valid location for the file. Problems were identified while planning for the RESTORE staement. RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

Any advice or tips will be greatly appriciated.

Regards,
    Tomasz

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy