open replication storage policy

Last post 06-24-2020, 10:44 AM by jsk. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • open replication storage policy
    Posted: 06-22-2020, 7:08 PM

I'm settiong up netapp open replication and have created a storage policy with primary snap,a mirror copy and vault copy.  First subclient no problem, then I added another subclient.  I get a Volume Operation in Progress : [Operation in progress on one or more reserved volumes and cannot be mounted again   This doesn't happen every time and the job does finish.  I don't have indexing on...yet.  and no backup copy or cataloging (at least i don't think i do) this runs every hour.  I thought i would post here first and will open a support ticket if needed but i feel like i'm just missing something simple like separate the copies in different policies?   Thanks  -jk

• Re: open replication storage policy
    Posted: 06-22-2020, 11:46 PM

Hi jsk 

Since you are using Open Replication, just want to confirm if all the Source and Destination Volume (one-to-one) is configured and the relationship established?

From that specific error "Volume Operation in Progress : [Operation in progress on one or more reserved volumes and cannot be mounted again " it sounds like source volume is shared across multiple relationship. 

If the above is not the case, I would then recommend opening a Support Incident.

Regards

Winston

• Re: open replication storage policy
    Posted: 06-24-2020, 10:44 AM

i'm looking at cv documentation and it does look like one or the other (vault or mirror) and it says the option to create a snapshot copy will be dimmed if you already have a copy but i was able to? and it works....sort of.  We have 3 clusters and the source volume has a dr relationship and a vault relationship.  so I'm unsure of how i should set this up?   i did see where i had not turned off teh schedule on the primary-dr relation  which seems like it would cause a similar issure as i have.  thanks

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy