Moving from Tivoli to Commvault

Last post 07-21-2020, 3:48 PM by B Dubya. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Moving from Tivoli to Commvault
    Posted: 07-21-2020, 3:18 PM

Checking if anyone here has moved from Tivoli to Commvault. We want to do this using capacity licensing. From what I have read the number I want to use in Tivoli is Front End capacity, which represents the current active data. We have two types of backups in Tivoli, file system and sql database. Do you know if I use this number to purchase a capacity license from commvault that it will work?

Thanks!

• Re: Moving from Tivoli to Commvault
    Posted: 07-21-2020, 3:48 PM

First, I have never used Tivoli so this is only based on my Commvault experience/knowledge. Capacity license with Commvault is based off of the size of the last full backup. They don't care about how many secondary or tertiary copies you have. As for file system and sql backups, Commvault has an agent for both that you can install on the servers that handles this. I also don't think they care about how many of each agent you deploy. I'm not sure if you have a virtual environment or not, but if so, those VMs can be backed up at the Hypervisor level with Commvault which eliminates the need for an installed agent on the guest OS. 

Hope this helps! 

Cheer!

-BW

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy