Modelling Maglib storage performance

Last post 06-22-2011, 4:24 PM by swiftangelus. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Modelling Maglib storage performance
    Posted: 06-22-2011, 4:24 PM

Hello all,

I am looking into how best to model storage system performance capabilities so that we can confirm with storage vendors capabilities before a purchase. All for version 9 using DDB, but the DDB is on local RAID0 disk. This performance query is just for maglib performance.

Key things that we will need to provide are:

Read/Write %

% Sequential workload

Block Size

Disk Type, size and quantity.

I am happy with the last 2 but I guess what I am hoping to have advice on is what values are recommended under a few scenarios for % read/write and % sequential workload:

Daily rehydrated copies

Weekly rehydrated copies

Monthly rehydrated copies

SILO used with replicated data (ie no need for daily, weekly copies) - I know the data is trickled to tape over the time of the SILO lifespan in its deduped form but how does this show up in % read/write and workloads?

Thanks in advance.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy