CommVault Forums

Solving Forward - Solving Together
Welcome to CommVault Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in

Unable to delete old Data Interface Pairs

Last post 09-30-2011, 10:46 AM by Jon Graham. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Unable to delete old Data Interface Pairs
    Posted: 09-29-2011, 3:24 PM

Hello all,

By right-clicking on my CommServe server in the client list and going to Properties, under the "Job Configuration" tab I have 14 Data Interface Pairs listed with machine names that don't exist anymore in my environment.  These were setup about 3 versions ago (I'm on 9, sp3b).  When I highlight one of them and click Delete, the window refreshes but the item doesn't delete.  If I edit the item and uncheck the Active box I get the error "Operation failed: Could not push firewall config to source or destination".  FYI, no firewall is in place.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jon Graham, NewellRubbermaid, Inc.

Jon Graham
    IT Technical Analyst
    Newell Rubbermaid
    Jon.Graham@Newellco.com
  • Re: Unable to delete old Data Interface Pairs
    Posted: 09-29-2011, 3:53 PM

Jon,

Hello,

You may want to try the DataInterfacePairConfig.sql qscript instead.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_9_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/raw/DataInterfacePairConfig/readme_DataInterfacePairConfig.txt

You can create a BAT file using the sample commands below:

qoperation execscript -sn DataInterfacePairConfig -si add -si MA_Name_1 -si MA_Interface_1 -si client_Name_1 -si client_Interface_1

qoperation execscript -sn DataInterfacePairConfig -si add -si MA_Name_1 -si MA_Interface_1 -si client_Name_2 -si client_Interface_2

qoperation execscript -sn DataInterfacePairConfig -si add -si MA_Name_1 -si MA_Interface_1 -si client_Name_3 -si client_Interface_3

qoperation execscript -sn DataInterfacePairConfig -si add -si MA_Name_1 -si MA_Interface_1 -si client_Name_4 -si client_Interface_4

------

qoperation execscript -sn DataInterfacePairConfig -si add -si MA_Name_2 -si MA_Interface_2 -si client_Name_1 -si client_Interface_1

qoperation execscript -sn DataInterfacePairConfig -si add -si MA_Name_2 -si MA_Interface_2 -si client_Name_2 -si client_Interface_2

qoperation execscript -sn DataInterfacePairConfig -si add -si MA_Name_2 -si MA_Interface_2 -si client_Name_3 -si client_Interface_3

qoperation execscript -sn DataInterfacePairConfig -si add -si MA_Name_2 -si MA_Interface_2 -si client_Name_4 -si client_Interface_4

------

qoperation execscript -sn DataInterfacePairConfig -si add -si MA_Name_3 -si MA_Interface_3 -si client_Name_1 -si client_Interface_1

qoperation execscript -sn DataInterfacePairConfig -si add -si MA_Name_3 -si MA_Interface_3 -si client_Name_2 -si client_Interface_2

qoperation execscript -sn DataInterfacePairConfig -si add -si MA_Name_3 -si MA_Interface_3 -si client_Name_3 -si client_Interface_3

qoperation execscript -sn DataInterfacePairConfig -si add -si MA_Name_3 -si MA_Interface_3 -si client_Name_4 -si client_Interface_4

------

JW

• Re: Unable to delete old Data Interface Pairs
    Posted: 09-30-2011, 10:46 AM

Thanks for the help.  I wasn't able to figure out the first 2 commands, breaking it down by client name and interface and all that, but since I didn't need any of them I did the delete all and they're gone.  Thanks much!!!

Jon Graham
    IT Technical Analyst
    Newell Rubbermaid
    Jon.Graham@Newellco.com
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of CommVault Systems, Inc. ("CommVault") and CommVault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, CommVault.
CommVault, CommVault and logo, the “CV” logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2014 CommVault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy