Solaris File System iDataAgent -Full system restore

Last post 10-07-2011, 6:42 AM by ana123. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Solaris File System iDataAgent -Full system restore
    Posted: 10-07-2011, 6:42 AM

Hello,

We've been trying to perform full system backup on our Solaris installed server (SunOS 10, 9/10). We have been following this procedure : http://documentation.commvault.com/hds/release_8_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/features/disaster_recovery/unix/solaris.htm

Since our SunOS is Update 6 and Above we are directed to use mini-root method which firstly requires performing the jump start method . So we have this another Sun server we are trying to configure as a Jumpstart server.

This is what we have done:

We copied the jump start software on our JS servers' /opt/boot , added the client, and created shareable /jumpstart dir with boot image for the client. Bootparams are modified respectfully, so the client can look up for /jumpstart as his root dir (hosts,system,serveces are  modified as well as simbolic links for simpana).

We ignored creating /opt (step 10 Using the jump start server method ) because we allready had that slice and then we have successfully installed Simpana on our JS server.

Step 12-17 confuses me : It says I have to create partitions/slices on the disk , as well as root fs which I should mount on /mnt.

So here is the quiestion:

1.  Why is this necessary for this procedure? Is this refering to creating partitions on the jumpstart servers side? If yes, how will it affect previously created filesystems?

As far as I can understand, these fs should be used by client during net boot.

2. Step 18: It says install the jumpstart server on the Boot server. Client and JS server are on the same subnet with the client so I could use the same machine for boot/jumpstart server?Then  what implies installing the jumpstart server on the boot server?

Any help would be usefull. 

Thank you Smile

Ana

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy