CommVault Forums

Solving Forward - Solving Together
Welcome to CommVault Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in

Aux Copy problems with reservations

Last post 06-11-2012, 6:04 AM by bartd. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Aux Copy problems with reservations
    Posted: 05-31-2012, 11:40 AM

Hello,

An aux copy is running and last night, this error came up, while entering an operation window.

Failed to update job info for job [65325] in table [JMJobResourceHistory] for field [ReleaseTime] with error [Error for operation [Update] on table [JMJobResourceHistory]. ErrorCode [1025] returned for previous operation. Please call your vendor's support hotline if the problem persists.].

Since then, the second drive in the library is not used anymore...

The streams tab in the job details says the following for 5 of the 8 streams:

Release reservation failed as the specified reservation was not found in
        the database table.

Can I do anything about this...

Regards,

Bart

• Re: Aux Copy problems with reservations
    Posted: 05-31-2012, 12:05 PM

Bart,

Is the aux copy job still running and at 99%?  If so, right-click on the secondary storage policy and select View>Jobs.  Uncheck the Specify Time Range option and click OK.  Are there any jobs that appear as Partial?  If so, right-click on them and select the job for ReCopy and let me know your results.

JW

Posted: 06-05-2012, 5:00 AM

Auxilary copy is still running...

The job is at 79%. 134 out of 169 TB is copied...

Still around 35 jobs as partial in the storage policy copy. But that seems normal to me during an auxilary copy.

Therefore I wait until 99% with recopying a job. I now don't know which job to recopy a job.

Posted: 06-11-2012, 6:04 AM

Well, I had to kill this auxilary copy job.

At some point, Reservations were made for a drive, but no tape was mounted...

I will monitor  the new copy job if the same problem returns... Hopefully not.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of CommVault Systems, Inc. ("CommVault") and CommVault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, CommVault.
CommVault, CommVault and logo, the “CV” logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2014 CommVault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy