CommVault Forums

Solving Forward - Solving Together
Welcome to CommVault Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in

error in Windows security log --> 4625

Last post 06-15-2012, 8:13 AM by bartd. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • error in Windows security log --> 4625
    Posted: 06-15-2012, 7:44 AM

Hello,

Today I had a new experience with Commvault and Windows 2008. after a new installation of the CV FS iDA and the Exchange Database iDA, the commserve cannot communicate with the agent...

The result of the Install Updates job is attached as well as an event in de Security Event Log of the client.

Looks to me there is an autenticating issue on the client...

I hope someone has seen this before, and have some kind of a workaround or resolution for me.

Regards,

Bart

• Re: error in Windows security log --> 4625
    Posted: 06-15-2012, 7:51 AM

the fact that it says that it failed to find tunnel

4608 14d0 06/15 11:32:42 69069 Failed to find tunnel for 10.10.14.47(abcde-w-s219):8400.
    means that it is using firewall. do you intend to have firewall configured here and are you sure it is configured properly ?

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 06-15-2012, 7:54 AM

Hi,

I used cvping and the connection from the client to the Commserve and vice versa is possible for port 8400 and port 8402.

Windows firewall is not active on both servers.

I checked with our network department and no traffic is blocked on the network firewalls.

Firewall is not configured during the installation of the client.

Posted: 06-15-2012, 7:56 AM

how about commvault firewall ?

Can you check commserve and exchange client properties and go to the firewall tab to see if there is anything configured ?

Can you right click on the Exchange client and do a Check Readiness to see if it returns successfully ?

Wearer of Many Hats
    Posted: 06-15-2012, 8:03 AM

Firewall tab? I am using Commvault 8. Is there a firewall tab in the client properties?

Results "Check Readiness"

1. Communication failure between Client abcde-w-s219.company.aa.bb and the MediaAgent abcde-w-s084.company.aa.bb. Error returned is:
    Connect failed.
    2. Communication failure between MediaAgent ictsc-w-s084.company.aa.bb and the Client abcde-w-s219.company.aa.bb. Error returned is:
    Connect failed.
    3. Communication failure between Client abcde-w-s219.company.aa.bb and the CommServe. Error returned is:
    Connect failed.
    4. Communication failure between CommServe and Client abcde-w-s219.company.aa.bb. Error returned is:
    Connect failed.

Posted: 06-15-2012, 8:13 AM

Hi,

I checked on the Commserve for the presence of the three firewall files.

The use of these were not documented. I removed the server name out of the files and tried again.

Now I can connect.

Thx.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of CommVault Systems, Inc. ("CommVault") and CommVault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, CommVault.
CommVault, CommVault and logo, the “CV” logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2014 CommVault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy