Loss of control process SQLBackup.exe

Last post 08-08-2019, 12:55 PM by Liam. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Loss of control process SQLBackup.exe
    Posted: 06-24-2013, 9:01 AM

Hi,

I'm getting the following error while trying to backup a SQLServer database

Error Code: [19:599]
    Description: Loss of control process SQLBackup.exe. Possible causes: 1. The control process has unexpectedly died. Check Dr Watson log or core file. 2. The communication to the control process machine cas-ncr-ctx01.CAS-SATJ.LAN might have gone down due to network errors. 3. If the machine cas-ncr-ctx01.CAS-SATJ.LAN is a cluster, it may have failed over. 4. The machine cas-ncr-ctx01.CAS-SATJ.LAN may have rebooted.

The server is up, it's been rebooted recently

The SQLServer version is the following

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.760 (Intel X86)

Dec 17 2002 14:22:05

Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation

Desktop Engine on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

The SQLServer is part of our Citrix environment on a Window Server 2003.

The backup is successful occasionaly and then we get that error again.

Steph

• Re: Loss of control process SQLBackup.exe
    Posted: 06-24-2013, 10:54 AM

Steph,

Would you be able to share the SQLBackup.log in the Log Files directory on this Client?  That message could occur for a number of reasons including a permission or account issue, a DB being offline or AV software related.

You may want to review the KB article link below which discusses the same type of error you are receiving especially if you have Sophos as your AV software.

https://ma.commvault.com/KB/Details/11259

JW

Posted: 06-24-2013, 11:18 AM

I've uploaded the log file.

Our Antivirus on the system is from Symantec.

Steph

Attachment: clBackup.rar
    Posted: 06-24-2013, 11:20 AM

Sorry wrong log file.

I've attached SQLiDa.log.  Can't seem to find SQLBackup.log

Steph

Attachment: SQLiDA.rar
    Posted: 06-25-2013, 2:21 PM

The backups appeared to function up until 4/28 and than stopped working.  Did anything of note change  between 4/27 9:00 and 4/28 21:00 ?

One thing that needs to be noted here is this is not a supported configuration.  The SQL version you are running (2000) is not supported in version 9.0:

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_9_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/system_requirements/sql.htm

Posted: 06-26-2013, 9:12 AM

We probably killed the backup.  It's usually stuck in a pending state.

We didn't realise that SQL 2000 wasn't supported.

I've changed our backups to use the Virtual Server ida.  We'll just take disk level backups.  It's sufficent for our needs.

Thanks for your help

Steph

Posted: 05-27-2014, 10:01 AM

Hi Support,

I have recently encountered this error on our SQL server. Fortunately, my DBA colleagues were able to re-run and complete the backup successfully.

So that it doesn't happen again I want to get to the bottom of the error and why it occurred.

We are running Windows 2008 R2 Server (64Bit), MS SQL Server 2008 R2.

Reading through this thread you requested the logs from SQLBackup, I have noticed these logs are some 37GB in size. How do you propose I get the logs to you for further analysis?

Just to answer some questions that have previously been asked, our AV provider is TrendMicro. I have been informed this error occurred some time ago, however, the reason for the previous recorded failure was unknown.

I have checked the permissions to the folder and these appear ok. I have not checked the service account used for the backups as this appears to be working without issues especially as the second attempt of the restore job completed without errors.

I await your response.

Thanks,

JC.

Posted: 08-08-2019, 3:47 AM

Hi ..

I had this error after setting up new cluster instance in existing cluster with other functioning backups of services.

Many things tried and finally opened a commvault case.

The SQL server setup contain impersonate User definition that is the only place that should be entered.

We found that removing "Impersonate User" Username/Password definition from the Windows Cluster definition -> Properties -> Advanced ->  "Job results directory for Windows Clients"  made everything to work normal again.

No more "Loss of control process SQLBackup.exe"

Reagrds Martin.

Regards

Martin R.A.
    Advanced Operations Engineer
    Posted: 08-08-2019, 7:22 AM

During troubleshooting , this article came up. 

Commvault article http://kb.commvault.com/article/SQL0002 
    with misleading information about NewRelic.
    It should be corrected to contain this info as alternative solution from Commvault support:

- The SQL cluster client that he was having issue with was "xxx-xxxx-sd01.xxxxx.xx"

- I checked the configuration of this SQL cluster client

- When looking under the Job configuration tab I saw they had set a impersonation account on the Job results

- This only needs to be set if you are using a UNC path for your Job results

- I removed this and started a new Full backup and then it started backing up SQL db's

Regards

Martin R.A.
    Advanced Operations Engineer
    Posted: 08-08-2019, 12:55 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 10-18-2019, 2:25 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,724

This KB looks to be more of what you are describing: https://ma.commvault.com/Article/Details/43675

The referenced KB is specific to 2 CommVault processes crashing when that application is installed. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy