CommVault Forums

Solving Forward - Solving Together
Welcome to CommVault Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in

Authentication failed for host

Last post 07-04-2013, 10:25 AM by DheerenR. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Authentication failed for host
    Posted: 07-02-2013, 3:14 AM

I have a Linux client (CentOS) and the root password has been changed on the machine, i now get the following message:

Failed to start phase [Scan] on [hostname] due to network error [Authentication failed for host [hostname]. Network password does not match. ]. Will attempt to restart. Please check if this product's services are running on the remote host.

Is there some config file i can change to fix this or must i re-install the client?

• Re: Authentication failed for host
    Posted: 07-02-2013, 9:52 AM

Hello,

The easiest and cleanest way to do this would probably do the reinstall of the Client.  This will ensure the installation has all of the right credentials and will only take 10 minutes to do.

JW

• Re: Authentication failed for host
    Posted: 07-04-2013, 10:25 AM

I re-installed the client and CV was happy again, thanks for your help, when i have time i will investigate if there is another way to fix other than re-installing, will update the forum when/if i find a way

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of CommVault Systems, Inc. ("CommVault") and CommVault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, CommVault.
CommVault, CommVault and logo, the “CV” logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2014 CommVault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy