OWAClientTool runs on Exchange 2010 ?

Last post 08-20-2010, 3:22 AM by A. Gotink. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • OWAClientTool runs on Exchange 2010 ?
    Posted: 08-12-2010, 4:27 AM

Has anyone found out a way to get the OWAClientTool working in Exchange 2010 to get the stub icons in OWA

• Re: OWAClientTool runs on Exchange 2010 ?
    Posted: 08-13-2010, 10:09 AM

We have seen some issues with this tool for exchange 2010.  I will update this thread shortly as we are in the process of updating it.

CommVault Messaging Support
    Posted: 08-13-2010, 3:51 PM

The OWAclient tool works with Exchange 2010

Please make sure we are using the latest OWAclient tool utility.

We need to run this tool on the CAS Server.

Once the execution of this tool is completed succesfully we need to Restart the IIS

If the issue persists please send the UIextenstion.XML files to Support for review and log a ticket for the same.

Posted: 08-16-2010, 4:11 AM

I think I have an old version, december 2008

Where can I find a more recent version?

In 8.0 Resource Pack I downloaded this morning is still the old version

Posted: 08-19-2010, 4:33 PM

I will address the tool version on MA.  In the meantime I have sent you a PM with an FTP site that will have the latest tool.

Patrick

CommVault Messaging Support
    Posted: 08-20-2010, 2:57 AM

Thanks, this new tool does start on Exchange 2010 servers.

It does not start on Exchange 2010 server if Rollup Updates are installed!
    Then the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Setup registry key exists and the tools stops (thinking Exchange 2007 is incompletely installed?)
    Please correct this.

But still no CommVault icons are available in OWA. In file UIExtensions.xml I can see the Commvault modifications.
    Below is the output of the tool, how do I troubleshoot this problem further?

-- The machine is not an exchange 2007 server. Verifying if it's an Exchange 2010 server.

--Copying the file [C:\Infra\Apps\DS13\Ex2010\ClientAccess\owa\forms\CommVault\form-cvstub.gif] to [C:\Infra\Apps\DS13\Ex2010\ClientAccess\owa\forms\Customization\form-cvstub.gif].

--Verifying if file C:\Infra\Apps\DS13\Ex2010\ClientAccess\owa\forms\Customization\UIExtensions.xml exists.

--Successfully processed file C:\Infra\Apps\DS13\Ex2010\ClientAccess\owa\forms\Customization\UIExtensions.xml.tmp

Posted: 08-20-2010, 3:22 AM

I found the error.

In Eventviewer appeared: "Outlook Web App couldn't load the customization file C:\INFRA\APPS\DS13\Ex2010\ClientAccess\owa\forms\Customization\UIExtensions.xml. The file contents are corrupted."

Reading this file I saw that the wrong quotes were used.
    Commvault used ” and it should be "
    I corrected this and after restarting OWA the commvault stub icons appeared in OWA.

Seems like a little more work for Commvault before making this tool ready for production...

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy