Updates fail with event code 19:1100

Last post 08-16-2010, 2:59 PM by Jpubdef. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Updates fail with event code 19:1100
    Posted: 08-16-2010, 2:21 PM

When I checked my client computers, I noticed that one of my servers, Windows 2003 64bit, running Exchange 2007 with Simpana 8.0, service pack 5, had an update status of "Ahead of Cache".   I attempted to install updates and received a "Install updates failed", event code 68:46, then another event was created with an "Installe update Operation has failed", event code 19:1100.    We have two other Exchange 2007 server which are the the exact same model, specs, and software configuration as the server that failed updates.  

I checked connectivity, status, and configuration of the servers.   I can find no problems, or any differences between the way they are all configured.  Though I will mention that they are on different domains, but that shouldn't cause any problems because the configurations are all correct.  We have other servers, file servers and other applications which are also being backed up with Simpana and all of them have an update status of "Updated".    Anyone have a clue what this is about, and what I need to do to correct it?

• Re: Updates fail with event code 19:1100
    Posted: 08-16-2010, 2:33 PM

Hi Jpubdef,

The Updates being noted as "Ahead of Cache" is nothing to be concerned with; it just means that there are updates on this server which are not in the Updates Cache (the cache that the CommServe uses to push out to clients).  If you can identify the update that is installed on the this client (that is Not installed on the other Exchange Servers), then you can download and copy it to the CommServe cache to be pushed out (and in turn will remove the ahead of cache message).

As far as the issue of not being able to push updates out to that client, more than likely support would need to look at the logs to determine the cause.

Link to Books Online -Updates Cache

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_8_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/search/search.htm

Thanks,

Craig T.
  • Re: Updates fail with event code 19:1100
    Posted: 08-16-2010, 2:59 PM

Ok, thanks for the information.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy