GxClusPlugin services is not running

Last post 08-18-2010, 3:21 PM by Vincenzo_Basolino. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • GxClusPlugin services is not running
    Posted: 08-17-2010, 3:41 PM

We have two nodes failover clustering servers. Server01 fails over server02, the GxClusPlugin services is not running but Server02 failover Server01 then that services is running! Pulling my hair now, can figure out what goes wrong! Help, thanks.

• Re: GxClusPlugin services is not running
    Posted: 08-17-2010, 6:08 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 10-18-2019, 2:25 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,724

Under hkey_local_machines\software\commvault\galaxy\instanceXXX\machines make sure that you see the physical machine you are on and any virtual installs that are available for failover. if the client is not showing on the node that's not backing up, run a passive node installation

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_8_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/deployment/install/misc/cluster_passive_node.htm 

Posted: 08-18-2010, 11:35 AM

"Under hkey_local_machines\software\commvault\galaxy\instanceXXX\machines make sure that you see the physical machine you are on and any virtual installs that are available for failover", I looked into the registry on both nodes and found out that on passive node, there is no server_cluster key. Do you mean I should see server_cluster key? or I should see on each node both servers? Say, on server01 under machines key, it should list server_cluster, server01, and server02. Same for server02.

In Cluster Administrator, I see both nodes. Thanks.

Posted: 08-18-2010, 3:21 PM

Under the machines key you should see the physical node name along with all the virtual node names so if your physical name is clst-n1 and n2 and the virtual names are clst-v1 clst-v2 on the passive node (assuming this is n2)registry under machines you would see:

clst-n2

clst-v1

clst-v2

On the original active node you would see

clst-n1

clst-v1

clst-v2

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy