How can I convert the next differential to a full?

Last post 08-17-2010, 7:13 PM by KeithK. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • How can I convert the next differential to a full?
    Posted: 08-17-2010, 4:47 PM

I need to convert tonight's differential backups on 2 servers to fulls. I don't want to convert all backups that share that storage policy to full. I suppose I could delete the last full backup and that would do it, but I'm sure there's a better, safer way.

simpana 8

Thanks.

Keith

• Re: How can I convert the next differential to a full?
    Posted: 08-17-2010, 6:01 PM

Keith,

Best thing to do here would be to create a one time schedule (or depending on the timeframe just manually kickoff a backup on the two servers) for these two machines to run a full and have the start time be 15 min or so BEFORE the normal schedule would kick off the backup. What will happen then is when the normal schedule kicks in these two machines will already be running a backup so the new inc job that would have run will fail out and say that there is already a job running for this client (which is the full you launched) and all the other clients will run their normal inc\diff or whatever the schedule dictates.

Thanks,

Bill

• Re: How can I convert the next differential to a full?
    Posted: 08-17-2010, 7:13 PM

Thanks Bill. That's what I needed.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy