iData Agent in wrong SP

Last post 08-19-2010, 2:46 AM by System106. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • iData Agent in wrong SP
    Posted: 08-18-2010, 8:24 AM

Hi All! My name is Sven and I'm new the the forum community.

I'm using Simpana 7.0 SP5 at the moment and have a tiny little problem. My colleague was so nice to add a huge amount of data to a subclient and is backed up in a storage policy wich is creating a full backup each saterday and incremental backups each workday for the past 4 weeks. My magnetic libraries are congested at the moment. I created a seperate SP for the extra data to create a full backup every 1st of the month, followed by incremental backups every day, till the cycle is completed.

Is it possible to erase this added data from the maglib, or will it only be possible to De-configure the client?

Hopefully someone has an answer, thanx in advance.

Regards,

A nervous system engineer.

• Re: iData Agent in wrong SP
    Posted: 08-18-2010, 9:43 AM

You should be able to prune the desired data from the storage policy responsible for the old backups.  Go to the copy level > view jobs > right click prune job.  Please be sure that you are 100% sure you no longer need this data before running through this process, as once its pruned it will not be recoverable.  Once performed, run data aging to clean up the magnetic library.

No need to deconfigure the client here. 

• Re: iData Agent in wrong SP
    Posted: 08-19-2010, 2:46 AM

Thanx Vincenzo_Basolino!!!

That did the job! Everything's nice and clean again. Kudo's go to you!

Regards,

System106

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy