CommVault Forums

Solving Forward - Solving Together
Welcome to CommVault Forums Sign in | Join | Help
in

[solved] Regarding v10 ISO download vs Bootstrapper Installers

Last post 01-08-2014, 11:49 PM by Seancbj. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • [solved] Regarding v10 ISO download vs Bootstrapper Installers
    Posted: 01-08-2014, 10:16 AM

May I ask, how to find the ISO files for disc1 download?

This new approach of using bootstrap installer...isn't env-friendly for those locked-down server with restricted access to the Internet. I'm inclined to the ISO ....so that i can use any server/PC to download, and distribute offline/off-peak hour; & also without OS bit version restriction to launch the BS installer.

• stringent with the user machine OS bit dependency...

e.g. if my machine is a 32-bit OS, this BS installer only allowed user to online download the v10 32-bit package /installer.

(haven't had a chance to try this on a 64-bit machine yet).

Need the experts to correct me here, if i'm wrong. Thanks

Simpana® 10.0 with SP5 Electronic Software Distribution (December 13, 2013)

Select Simpana® 10.0 December 13, 2013 Distribution Files for Download

Release 10.0
    V10 Windows 64-bit Download Manager with SP5

MD5 Sum:  401e16c9ae5a3d499db6595319515ffb
    Download File Size:  6.62MB

Release 10.0
    V10 Windows 32-bit Download Manager with SP5

MD5 Sum:  b2e2a47a7933668f7f23b30ade20fc75
    Download File Size:  5.83MB

• Re: [Regarding v10 ISO download vs Bootstrapper Installers]
    Posted: 01-08-2014, 10:48 AM

Using download manager you are not loosing any functionality as you have an option to downlaod the entire DVD or subset of it. That DVD can be used to install packages on other machines. Please review the documentaion below under the section "Create a Custom Installation DVD with Download Manager". Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_10_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/deployment/deployment.htm?var1=http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_10_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/deployment/download_manager/download_manager.htm

Posted: 01-08-2014, 11:46 AM

Sean, use the 32bit BS installer and make sure you select both x64 and 32bit packages.  Instead of having to pull down a 8GB ISO each time, only get the couple hundred megs of packages you need.  Although this may seem to you like its cumbersome, the transfer payload is much less initially and overtime (since if the package still exists in the original location the BS installer will only update what is necessary on the originally pulled down packages)

If the server is locked down, how are you getting the ISO to it?  Follow the same process just moved the reduced package the BS installer gave you.

Posted: 01-08-2014, 11:49 PM
    Hi all,

Sorry about that, during my initial attempt on a PC, I did not find the option for choosing [32 + 64 bit] prompted until today i tried again on a w2k3 32bit server. Yes, you're right it allows user to select them.

As i thought intially, the BS installer (32 or 64 bit *.exe files) doesn't allow us to download both 32/64 at once.

The same process copying the full package (PC/staging/access_Internet -> jumpserver/citrix -> prodution DFS) still works fine and not a concern. Just thought that I was getting stucked at the first point of process with the BS installer.
    Thanks for the clarifications.
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of CommVault Systems, Inc. ("CommVault") and CommVault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, CommVault.
CommVault, CommVault and logo, the “CV” logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2014 CommVault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy