Purge SOLR CI Index

Last post 09-02-2014, 9:50 AM by pseningen. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Purge SOLR CI Index
    Posted: 08-29-2014, 7:41 AM

I need to be able to purge an entire SOLR index so that I can begin using the CI engine to index a completely different SP.

I've seen instructions for how to do this in v9 with FAST, but since 10 uses SOLR... I'm stumped.

Any/all help is appreciated!

• Re: Purge SOLR CI Index
    Posted: 08-29-2014, 12:41 PM

Hi pseningen,

Can you elborate on the "pruge" reference? Are you looking to delete the index of the SOLR Engine?

Thank you

Don

Posted: 08-29-2014, 12:50 PM

Yes... I would like to delete the index and create a new one.  It was previously used to index Exchange mailboxes.  I've built a newer cluster for said Exchange indexing and no longer need the data in the small cluster.  We'd like to use the smaller cluster to index a file server SP.

Posted: 08-29-2014, 1:47 PM

The best way to do this and to avoid any possible inconsistencies with the CommServe Database would be to right click on the storage policy that contains the jobs that have been previously content indexed and view jobs.  Once the list of jobs are seen, you can do select multiple jobs and delete them for content indexing. This will keep the backup intact for future restores and allow for normal pruning to occur.

Once the JOB id’s are deleted for CI the associated archive file references will be pruned periodically or start to prune when services on the CI engine are restarted.  The periodic interval varies and depends on multiple factors, however it is approximately every 30 minutes

Posted: 09-02-2014, 9:50 AM

I pointed the Exchange storage policy at my new cluster and ran a CI job over the weekend.  I guess in that time, the data also was removed from the previous, smaller cluster.

Thank you for the info...that may come in handy as well.  Your time and effort is appreciated. Cool 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy