VMWare Live mount failed

Last post 01-06-2015, 9:03 AM by Mir. 23 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • VMWare Live mount failed
    Posted: 12-05-2014, 3:57 AM

When I try to use Live Mount for a VMWare machine I get:

Failed:

Error Code: [19:1950] Description: Unable to mount the media as a datastore. Please check the communication between the 3dfs server and the ESX host. Source: commserve, Process: VMManagement

From VMManagment.log:

Tdfs::TdfsConfigClient::SendCommand(366) - Error attaching to server. [0x80070306:{..\..\Common\CvSession\CvNetwork.cpp[cvtlGGzzRixxasvvo::Attach_RemoteService(1205)]} + {..\..\Common\CvSession\CvNetwork.cpp[cvtlGGzzRixxasvvo::Attach_RemoteService(1186)]} + {..\..\Common\CvSession\CvNetwork.cpp[cvtlGGzzRixxasvvo::LookupRegisteredPorts(3090)]} + {..\..\Common\CvSession\CvNetwork.cpp[cvtlGGzzRixxasvvo::LookupRegisteredPorts(3057)]} + {..\..\Common\CvSession\CvNetwork.cpp[cvtlGGzzRixxasvvo::LookupRegisteredPorts_Local(2834)]} + {..\..\Common\CvSession\CvNetwork_Socket.cpp[CSessionConnectionSocket::LookupPort(884)]/W32.774.(One or more errors occurred while processing the request.)-No port looked up for service 3dfsService}]

Anyone seen this error yet?

• Re: VMWare Live mount failed
    Posted: 12-05-2014, 11:27 AM

I recommend you to escalate this issue with Commvault support. Error sounds like 3DFS server not been able to communicate with VSA or FBR. Could be ports or dns cant tell without analyzing the complete logs.

-Anand

Posted: 12-08-2014, 2:33 PM

I am also getting this error message.

Error Code: [19:1327] Description: Attempt start error: [Unable to execute command [VMManagement.exe] on remote machine [cvcsprod1.otpp.com]. Please ensure that the latest service pack is installed on the remote machine. If the problem persists contact your software provider. ] Source: cvcsprod1, Process: JobManager

Mir

Posted: 12-08-2014, 10:32 PM

Mir

I would recommend you to escalate this issue, if youre sure you have latest SP on CS\MA and VSA machines

-Anand

Posted: 12-09-2014, 9:44 PM
    Make sure there aren't any restrictions on the ESX host, in regards to outbound connections? Is there a firewall between the FRE and the ESX host? If so checkout this link: http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=products/vs_vmware/deploy_fbr_regular.htm#firewall_fbr
    Posted: 12-11-2014, 10:37 AM

Hello guys,

I am trying to installed the operations manager on commserve for LIVE MOUNT, during the installation error message pop up and says failed to installd the server pack, but server pack is already installed on commserve.

and the logs suggested that operation manager its intalled but setup trying to install the server pack.

I dont understand why setup trying to install the server pack after operation manager.

Please advice.

Logs

Successfully installed files for Operations Manager.
    46160 55140 12/10 12:54:06 Service Pack folder not found
    46160 55140 12/10 12:54:06 Could not retreive DVD service pack number
    46160 55140 12/10 12:54:06 Installed Galaxy ServicePack = 8.
    46160 55140 12/10 12:54:06 Service Pack folder not found
    46160 55140 12/10 12:54:06 Could not retreive DVD service pack number
    -ignorePendingFileOp -galaxyinstall -tolerateMissingReg -binaryOnly -earlyInstall
    46160 55140 12/10 12:56:54 Failed to install Service Pack.
    46160 55140 12/10 12:59:10 Failure in FileCopyPhase thread
    46160 55140 12/10 12:59:10 Please note that this installation session is not yet complete. The installation may be resumed by restarting SETUP.EXE.

Thanks

Mir

Posted: 12-11-2014, 10:52 AM

Mir,

Did you run SetupAll.exe from the installation package that was created using the Download Manager?

It seems as if the Service Pack is not included within your Installation Package.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=deployment/install/misc/operations_manager.htm#Install_the_operations_Manager

Thank you

Walter

Posted: 12-11-2014, 11:13 AM

Hi Walter,

I ran the SetupAll.exe from the commvault media not from the pacakge created using download manager.

My question is even if the server pack is not included in the package, why do we have to install it, its already installed on commserve, we are on V10, SP8.

Thanks

Mir

Posted: 12-11-2014, 12:06 PM

The Commserve is on SP8, but the newly installed component "Operations Manager" is not on SP8. It doesnt have a service pack installed.

Every newly intalled component will also need to be updated it to the latest service pack level. (Of the Commcell)

Posted: 12-11-2014, 1:37 PM

Mir

can you please try installing Service Pack again on CS? that way it will install the updates for operation manager component to latest level. Then try Live mount, if you run in to any issue or need assistance let me know

-Anand

Posted: 12-11-2014, 1:40 PM

I will try and let you know guys.

Thanks Walter & Anand.

Mir

Posted: 12-12-2014, 7:20 AM

Stoyan,

Were you able to solve the problem, if so would you like to share what configurations you made.

I have the same problem.

Twan

Posted: 12-12-2014, 8:13 AM

Hi Twan

what service pack level are you in? do you have operations manager installed on CS?

what is the issue you're running in to?

-Anand

Posted: 12-12-2014, 8:33 AM

Hi Anand,

We are running sp8 and operations manager is installed.

I created a vm lifecycle policy for vmware live mount, but when i try to live mount a vm i get after 20 % progress the above error reported by Stoyan.

Error code: 19:1950 Unable to mount media as a datastore. Please check the communication between the 3dfs server and the ESX host.

Posted: 12-12-2014, 11:48 AM

Did you make sure that communication between vCenter and FBR and VSA proxy are fine?

PLease check and let me know. If you see the issue share with me CVD  from VSA proxy and FBR and 3DFS logs from fbr machine

-Anand

Posted: 12-13-2014, 2:35 AM

No success yet - have been busy these days and I had no time to log a call to the support. I will do it in the next days

Posted: 12-15-2014, 2:19 PM

Hi,

As per my understanding live mount does not used FBR, all we need is operation manager package installed, correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

Mir

Posted: 12-21-2014, 8:29 AM

Hi

Did we get clarification whether 'Operations Management' needs to be installed to use the 'Live Mount' feature?

I am experiencing similar errors, but can't find anything in the documentation to tell me one way or another

For the record, I have the FBR up and running and in test, most of my issues were firewall related on the network side of things between the ESX and the Virtual Server proxy servers

Thanks

Mark

Posted: 12-22-2014, 3:13 AM

Yes, you need Operations management.

Also, I have also Veeam running in my lab and the Veeam vPowerNFS needs to be stopped if running on the same mediaAgent.

LiveMount and instant recovery working great now!

regards,

Martijn

Posted: 12-22-2014, 11:28 AM

Its working now in our environment.

Thanks

Mir

Posted: 12-24-2014, 5:44 AM

Hi Mir , What did you do to make iT work, only installing Operation manager and creating à lifecycle Policy for live mount is not working for me Regards Twan

Posted: 01-06-2015, 3:32 AM

Hi Mir,

What did you do to make it work, witch firewall ports have open at ESXi site?

Twan

Posted: 01-06-2015, 3:46 AM

Hi Twan

I also had difficulty with the Firewall, which we managed to resolve yesterday, because my ESX servers are in a different network to my Commvault Media Agent

My issue was discovered that we needed an undocumented (as of SP9 documentation) registry entry on the Virtual Server/Media Agent

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Commvault Systems\Galaxy\Instance001\3Dfs

nMount3Port

REG_DWORD

User Defined Port

In effect, you require the same ports open as with the Linux File Based Recovery between your ESX Servers and the Commvault Virtual Servers if you have a Firewall in between!

It is listed towards the bottom of this link, I have the same ports open plus the user defined port

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=products/vs_vmware/deploy_fbr_regular.htm

Hope it helps

Mark

Posted: 01-06-2015, 9:03 AM

Hi Twan,

Can you please post the error message and log file to take a look where exactly its failing. Thanks

Mir

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy