Massive lag in restore on system state components

Last post 11-03-2010, 10:54 PM by AMJ. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Massive lag in restore on system state components
    Posted: 11-01-2010, 2:00 AM

Hi all,

I'm doing a full restore and its been sitting one one file for about 30 minutes of the total restore time.  As you can see in the screen shot its taken 1.44hrs so far to bring back 8.71gb from LTO4 tape.  It's happened before and  usually finishes ok but i'm curious about the loooooong time its taking.

It was running fine until it hit the system state.  Is this normal?

The machine is a vm with a normal file system agent on it. sp5

See screen shot to see what file its stuck on.

Attachment: restorepause.jpg
  • Re: Massive lag in restore on system state components
    Posted: 11-01-2010, 10:50 AM

IS this windows 2008?  IF so, what happens is the increase in SPFs, requires to restore the file and create a registry key entry to rename the SPF upon reboot. 

Posted: 11-01-2010, 5:29 PM

Yes it was a server 2008 restore - what do you mean when you say 'spf's' and is there any way to fix it?

Posted: 11-01-2010, 6:24 PM

Duh - i realised spf was system protect files.    Still... is there any way past the massive delay?

Posted: 11-03-2010, 10:54 PM

I'm doing another test restore and so far its been sitting at the system state for about 1.5 hours.  Thats pretty ordinary.   the backups coming off lto4 tape - would it make much difference maglib do you think?

Is there a fix for the spf slowdown?

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy