Compliance Archiver on Exchange 2007

Last post 11-01-2010, 12:43 PM by Patrick Dalton. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Compliance Archiver on Exchange 2007
    Posted: 11-01-2010, 11:55 AM

Simpana 8

Hi - I have currently got a compliance archiver running on my exchange 2003 and it is all working fine and dandy. I have built a new 2007 exchange on a 64 bit server 2008 Virtual Machine.

I have put the commvault file system on it and it works well but when I go to put a compliance archiver on it, that option is no longer there in the install options??? I have deconfigged the 2003 to free the licence up so I know it's not that - so the question is: is there a new way of doing things with exchange 2007? and if so what is it?

Thanks for any info.

David

• Re: Compliance Archiver on Exchange 2007
    Posted: 11-01-2010, 12:06 PM

The compliance archiver agent needs to be installed as a 32 bit process.

You will need outlook installed and a registrykey to allow the installer to run in 32 bit mode.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_8_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/features/registry_keys/registry_keys.htm#bAllow32BitInstallOn64Bit

Are you going to install other agents on this server?  IE database?

If you are going to use other 64 bit agents you will need to multi instance this install.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_8_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/deployment/install/misc/multi_instancing.htm

• Mixed-bit Environments.
    A Windows server computer may have a 64-bit operating system, and a mixture of 32-bit and 64-bit applications installed. To protect the data from each application, you would normally install the appropriate Agents, and configure each to protect a particular kind of data. However, most Agents designed to protect application data, e.g., SQL, Exchange, etc., require you to install a matching file system Agent, a 32-bit version of the Windows File System iDataAgent for the 32-bit application Agents that will protect the data of 32-bit applications, and a 64-bit Windows File System iDataAgent for the 64-bit application Agents that will protect the data of 64-bit applications. The Multi Instancing feature allows you to do just this, installing two copies (instances) of the Windows File System iDataAgent on the same computer, a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version, thus accommodating such a mixed-bit environment.
  • These are the keys you will need if this is the case.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_8_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/features/registry_keys/registry_keys.htm#bAllowMultiInstances

Let me know if this helps.

CommVault Messaging Support
    Posted: 11-01-2010, 12:15 PM

Thanks for the speedy reply Patrick!

Yes, database, mailbox, public and web folders will be going on too.

I will go read up and give it a whirl - thanks again.

David

Posted: 11-01-2010, 12:43 PM

Please see below for install and make sure that outlook is already installed.

1. Set reg keys below.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_8_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/features/registry_keys/registry_keys.htm#bAllow32BitInstallOn64Bit

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/release_8_0_0/books_online_1/english_us/deployment/install/misc/multi_instancing.htm

2. Install 64 bit agents.

3. Create cname for 2nd instance.  Most customers use servername_32 to forward to the 64 bit name.

4. Run installer and select 32 bit install on 64 and create a new instance when prompted.

This will create two nodes in the commcell that will need to be managed separately.  They will both need to be patched when install is complete.

Let me know if you have any questions.

CommVault Messaging Support
  • The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
    Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
    Close
    Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy