Removal of an NDMP server

Last post 11-03-2010, 1:58 PM by Bill Baumann. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Removal of an NDMP server
    Posted: 11-01-2010, 10:25 PM
    • Wilko is not online. Last active: 18/11/2013, 10:06 PM Wilko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-17-2010
    • Bathurst, NSW. Australia
    • Newcomer
    • Points 10

I have 2 x NDMP server which have been deconfigured, I still require to recover backup data for them. However I don't seem to be able to remove them from the list of NDMP Servers within the Control Panel. Error says I have to deconfigure the clients before removal (but I have!) Is this normal behaviour and I have to leave the servers within the list?

• Re: Removal of an NDMP server
    Posted: 11-02-2010, 6:07 PM

Hello,

Can you provide a screenshot of the Client and the agents installed?

JW

Posted: 11-02-2010, 7:04 PM
  • For NAS NDMP iDataAgents, which do not have a software install or uninstall procedure, deconfiguring the Client is the functional equivalent of uninstalling other Agents. Consider the following when deconfiguring one of these Clients:
    • After deconfiguring the client, the protected data is still available on the media for the length of time expressed in the Retention Time defined in the associated Storage Policy Copy. If desired, you can browse the backup data or perform data recovery operations from the client to another active client of the same type within the same CommCell. You cannot, however, restore the data to the original NAS File Server, because the Client is no longer present.
    • Once you have deconfigured the Client, the corresponding icon in the CommCell Browser will appear dimmed. While this icon exists, the Client can still perform data recovery operations. If you delete this icon, all of the Client’s data is irretrievably lost.
  •  

Posted: 11-03-2010, 1:58 PM

Where in control panel are you trying to remove this?

• The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
    Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
    Close
    Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy