VCB Proxy Server Configuration

Last post 11-05-2010, 11:01 AM by mort. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • VCB Proxy Server Configuration
    Posted: 11-04-2010, 3:39 PM

I am in the process of configuring a VCB proxy server at our site. It is the first CV proxy server I have confiured and I am running into a bit of an issue regarding the discover of the VMs in under the Content tab of the default subclient. I get an error indicating that the discovery failed and to check the following log file

EvMgrC.log

When I look in the log I do not see any entries that would indicate a problem in fact I see entries in the log that indicate the VCB proxy server I am configuring was able to successfully reach the Virtual Center Server that I configured for thsi proxy server.

I am finding that there is very little info related to the configuration of a VCB proxy server in the books online. Is anyone aware of some sort of documentation that goes over the complete configuration of a VCB Proxy server in CV?

• Re: VCB Proxy Server Configuration
    Posted: 11-04-2010, 6:20 PM

FoReal,

Check that .Net 3.5 is installed and also that the CommServe and the client are on Service Pack 5. Then try the discovery again.

If it fails can use a tool called GXTail in the Program Files\CommVault\Simpana\Base directory on the client machine and select to open the EVMgrC.log file inside the Program Files\CommVault\Simpana\Log Files and then re-discover the VMs. This will show what is happened and any errors that are generated. 

-Nuno

• Re: VCB Proxy Server Configuration
    Posted: 11-05-2010, 11:01 AM
    • mort is not online. Last active: 01-13-2016, 10:37 AM mort
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-06-2010
    • Patrick
    • Adept
    • Points 209
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy