Maintenance Advantage Links to Open support requests

Last post 11-16-2010, 9:32 AM by jaredmeade. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Maintenance Advantage Links to Open support requests
    Posted: 11-08-2010, 9:20 PM

Hi CommVault,

Although I can login to Maintenance Advantage and access all of the tabs across the top of the page I am having trouble accessing links from the Product Support Tab.

Linking to Open Support Requests I attempt to open:

https://services.commvault.com/mainadv/custhelp.asp?script_name=http://commvault.custhelp.com/app/account/questions/list

which ends up at Internet Explorer cannot access this webpage.

IE is version 7.05

Any ideas?

thanks

• Re: Maintenance Advantage Links to Open support requests
    Posted: 11-09-2010, 9:02 AM

Hello gchalmers,

HAving a bit of trouble duplicating this problemm

What version is selected in the top right corner?

Can you try and clear your temp internet files?

Posted: 11-09-2010, 10:45 AM

This could be related to the Java version running on your machine.

Try and access the site from another machine adn see if the issue persists.

Though we will work with all versions, currently the recommended and most reliable Java version is 6 _17

Thank you,
    CommVault Customer Support
    24/7 Support Hotline#: 1.877.780.3077

Posted: 11-09-2010, 11:42 AM

gchalmers,

Is this occurring on multiple machines?  If it's just one machine, you may want to clear the temorary Internet files/cache.

JW

Posted: 11-16-2010, 8:01 AM

Thank you to all who have replied..

In order of posts with questions:

1. Version in top right of screen

I am not certain what version you are referring to. I can select Simpana V9 as the software.

that works successfully. I can change it to v8 and back again without issues.

2.Clear the temporary internet files

Files cleared and IE restarted, no change

3.We run a citrix environment mainly here.

I have tried from various citrix servers all running java client 6-17

I have also tried from a non citrix server and my laptop (which is only running Jre6-7.)

I have also tried safari which give a slightly different result

Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://commvault.custhelp.com/ci/pta/login/redirect/home/p_li/cF9saV9wYXNzd2Q9JUB4RGp6MzAtbSZwX3VzZXJpZD1nY2hhbG1lcnNAYWx3aW5kbD0*”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page

(I have taken some characters out of the long string as it is must be a session id or similar)

Is it possible there is a problem with links between my maintenance advantage login and other site details (i.e. support permissions)? 

Posted: 11-16-2010, 9:32 AM

hello gchalmers,

I looked into this issue and was able to determine that your account record was mis-configured.  I have corrected the issue and you should now be able to access our support site immediately.

thank you for using the forums and let us know if you have any other issues, questions or suggestions.

thanks!
    jared

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy