AUXCOPY_NOT_PICK_NEW_BACKUPS (optional)

Last post 11-12-2010, 7:46 PM by Sandyg. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • AUXCOPY_NOT_PICK_NEW_BACKUPS (optional)
    Posted: 11-12-2010, 6:41 PM

By default there is a registry key disabled which will allow data protection operations to accumulate once the Aux Copy has started.  By enabling this key the Aux Copy will not copy data protection operations that finish after the Aux Copy has started.  This keeps the Aux Copy from “piling up” so to speak.

Now my question is (and I’m asking because I can’t find anything in the InnerVault) is if I enable this key do I have to kill a currently running Aux Copy and start over or can I suspend the Aux Copy, enable the key, resume the Aux Copy and it will stop accepting new DP data moving forward.

This change is on the CommServe and I’m assuming I have to bounce the CommServe for it to take effect. (correct me if I’m wrong please)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CommVault Systems\Galaxy\Instance<xxx>\

Key

CommServe (standard)

Value

AUXCOPY_NOT_PICK_NEW_BACKUPS (optional)

Value Type (Windows only)

DWORD Value

Valid Range

0 or 1

Default Value

None

Created In

CommServe computer

Description

If the value is set to 1, this registry key is enabled and auxiliary copy operations will not copy data protection operations that finish after the Auxiliary Copy operation has started. If the value is set to 0 or not set, then this registry key is disabled, and auxiliary copy operations will copy data protection operations that have finished after the auxiliary copy operation started.

Applies To

CommServe

• Re: AUXCOPY_NOT_PICK_NEW_BACKUPS (optional)
    Posted: 11-12-2010, 7:10 PM
    You would have to kill the job but that is of no consequence. Aux jobs pickup where they left off so its not like killing a backup that would start new.
    You do not need to recycle services.

Put in key/kill job, run it again.
  • Re: AUXCOPY_NOT_PICK_NEW_BACKUPS (optional)
    Posted: 11-12-2010, 7:46 PM

Thank you, will give it a shot.  Laughing

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy