Newbie Bewliderment #2: QOpExec failure to launch

Last post 11-13-2015, 2:17 PM by Ali. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Newbie Bewliderment #2: QOpExec failure to launch
    Posted: 11-11-2015, 3:30 PM

I'm rewriting my first workflow to use the QCommands/Operate/Execute activity to run some XML. After seeing a demo on this, it looked straightforward enough, and I'm told this is the common way to execute XML code.

Attempts to do so result in my workflow failing to start, with a little box titled "Error" saying,

"Parse error at line 1, column 18. Encountered: ("

I can't find a "(" at column 18 of any line that might be called line 1. There aren't any log files on the CommCell running the Workflow that seem related to my attempt to run the workflow.

Does this seem familiar to anyone?If so, there's a way to resolve this, right? Right?!?

Thanks,

Nick

First 11 lines of input XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <App_CreateStoragePolicyReq>
        <copyName>Primary</copyName>
        <storagePolicyName>xpath:{/workflow/variables/PrimarySP}</storagePolicyName>
        <numberOfStreams></numberOfStreams>    
        <incrementalStoragePolicy>
            <storagePolicyName></storagePolicyName>
        </incrementalStoragePolicy>
        <useGlobalPolicy>
            <storagePolicyName>java:{activity.getInput(&quot;useGDP&quot;)}:java</storagePolicyName>
        </useGlobalPolicy>

• Re: Newbie Bewliderment #2: QOpExec failure to launch
    Posted: 11-11-2015, 4:48 PM

D'oh!

I forgot that Workflow Engine jobs show up on the job console.

I found useful log files there.

Apparently when I copied and pasted the XML files, some characters were transformed but not untransformed.

ID-ten-T error, as is too often the case.

• Re: Newbie Bewliderment #2: QOpExec failure to launch
    Posted: 11-13-2015, 2:17 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 07-03-2019, 12:32 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Thats a good on, thanks for marking is solved! Smile

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy