Simple One - Alerts

Last post 11-18-2010, 12:17 PM by JWeir. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Simple One - Alerts
    Posted: 11-18-2010, 6:52 AM

Hiya - simpana 8.0

I can see the standard alerts I have set up under >control panel>alerts but I have other alerts set-up when I had simpana 7 for back-ups completed etc. Where do they live? I have looked at the documentation and it says access these from the commnet node tree? which I gather is the left column but there is nothing there.

I have clicked my way to death looking and just having a brain freeze - can someone tell me where "myalerts" are?

Thanks in advance.

David

• Re: Simple One - Alerts
    Posted: 11-18-2010, 9:10 AM

David,

My alerts is a feature of Commnet\Simpana Monitor and is not a product that you would have unless it was specifically purchased and is for reporting\alerting across multiple comcells.

The Alerts section of Control Panel is the only place where general alerts exist and can be seen or modified.

A Job Based alert is for that job only so you will not see it in alerts.

How\where did you configure the alerts in 7.0 that you do not see in 8.0?

It may be necessary to open a support ticket so we can look at your 7.0 and 8.0 DB and see if there was something lost or not brought over during the upgrade.

Posted: 11-18-2010, 9:27 AM

Hi Bill - thanks for that - maybe I am getting mixed up I set it all up along with theinstallation engineer 3 years ago - i don't think it is a  7/8 issue and I might be mixed up with "myalerts" because  I saw that in the documentation.

Anyhows from the control panel I have standard alerts for low scratch, library offline etc - when you say job based alerts I am assuming that once set will worl for recurring jobs?

That's what I have at the moment say server x backs up then I get a completed or failed alert but I have built a few new servers and added want to add an alert to those weekly/full backup jobs.

Thanks

David

Posted: 11-18-2010, 10:19 AM

Never mind - found it! dohhh

Right click from within schedules...

Posted: 11-18-2010, 12:17 PM

That is correct.  You will find your scheduled reports there as well.

JW

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy