Maglib Storage Error

Last post 11-19-2010, 12:54 PM by JWeir. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Maglib Storage Error
    Posted: 11-19-2010, 5:31 AM

Hi guys,

I know you will be able to help me with this (As I am a novice on Commvault!) . Some of our backups are paused with the following:

Mount path does not have enough reserve space. I have checked the maglibs and they are at 1GB each... all the space has been eaten. We have it set to retain for 10 days 1 cycle. Is there any way I can force some of these to go to tape.

Also, We have a server that we no longer need data for on Commvault; and its eating over 1TB of storage. We have the data on tape; so is there any way I can delete this and get the storage back.

Many thanks again for you help

Paul

• Re: Maglib Storage Error
    Posted: 11-19-2010, 9:42 AM

Whenever I hear about no longer needing data, restore requests for the data shortly follow Laughing

If the environment is properly setup, data backup and aging should run like a well oiled machine.  I would first suggest running a data aging and forecast report to determine why the data isnt being aged properly.  Common things would be aux copies arent running or your data grow has caused your rentention to exceed the available space.  You can also run another data aging operation if you see some data that could be aged to free up some space (assuming some of the data has met its retention since the last time data aging ran)

Check that first before deleting anything. 

• Re: Maglib Storage Error
    Posted: 11-19-2010, 12:54 PM

Attached is a Retention Setting calculator which may be of assistance as well.

JW

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy