How to create Dropdown menu with only SQL Client workflow

Last post 04-13-2016, 8:34 AM by FI4JOVA. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • How to create Dropdown menu with only SQL Client workflow
    Posted: 04-13-2016, 5:19 AM

Hi there,

I'm brand new to this Forum as well as in the Workflow world...

I try to find out how to create a selection Dropdown list of only SQL clients ?

I tried to use a CommServDBQuery with the follwoing:

select *
    From CommCellSubClientConfig
    where clientname = 'xpath:{/workflow/inputs/ClientName/clientName}'
    and idataagent = 'SQL Server'

But at the end, when I launch th WWK, all clients appears in the dropdown list...

Thanks in advance

• Re: How to create Dropdown menu with only SQL Client workflow
    Posted: 04-13-2016, 8:30 AM

Welcome FI4JOVA,

To customize dropdown lists in workflow you can use a CommServDBQuery activity to retrieve the list of items the user can pick from and then use a PopupInput activity for allowing the user to pick from the dropdown.  Since you are new to workflows, whenever you use interactive activities like PopupInput and InformationalMessage, make sure to set the "Start interactive session" to true on the General tab of the Workflow properties.  Also after the last interactive activity, you'll want to use the EndUserSession activity before you get into the actual meat of the workflow otherwise you may get timeout errors on the user's client.

I attached a simple workflow that demostrates this process using the following query to get the data to populate the dropdown

select clientname
    From CommCellSubClientConfig
    where idataagent = 'SQL Server'

To import the attached workflow, just rename the file to PickClientExample.xml and then you can use the following BOL link to import the file:

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/article?p=features/workflow/operations/import_workflow.htm

Regards

Attachment: PickClientExample.txt
  • Re: How to create Dropdown menu with only SQL Client workflow
    Posted: 04-13-2016, 8:34 AM

Great !! Thanks a lot for your answer !

I will try that and let you know asap

regards

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy