How to handle failure paths from a particular activity?

Last post 01-30-2017, 8:08 AM by ameykarandikar. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • How to handle failure paths from a particular activity?
    Posted: 04-28-2016, 5:42 PM

In the below workflow, when the activity goes to pending for whatever reason, i want the flow to continue to the failure path. I'm comparing the exit code to traverse to the failure email, but the worklfow goes to pending and does not even reach the decision. I have also tried putting condition in the connectors something like activity.exitCode==0; but it does not help. Please suggest some alternative. I've attached the screenshot of the workflow.

Attachment: Question.JPG
  • Re: How to handle failure paths from a particular activity?
    Posted: 01-30-2017, 7:20 AM

I've got around this by using the SQL query below to pass the boolean value to the decision. The screenshot below is basically checking to see if a client beings with the name below.  If it does, then it will pass true to your decision object, otherwise it passes false to the decision.

Hope this helps.

declare @testClient asint

set @testClient = 0

select @testClient =count(name)

from CommServ.dbo.APP_Client

where name like'msdp%'

if @testClient >= 1

begin

select'true'as Test1

end

else

begin

select'false'as Test1

end

• Re: How to handle failure paths from a particular activity?
    Posted: 01-30-2017, 8:08 AM

You can set the maxRestarts to 0 and also set the "continue after max restarts" option to true.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy