How to set firewall policies?

Last post 05-03-2016, 9:34 AM by Liam. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • How to set firewall policies?
    Posted: 04-29-2016, 12:55 PM

I want to set a Firewall Policy on a client (specifically adding a group to the CommServe as Restricted).

I've already tried to figure it out via the normal "Save to Script" method, but there isn't a save to script option for this apparently.  Nor have I had any success on the CV docs site.

• Re: How to set firewall policies?
    Posted: 04-29-2016, 2:54 PM

Hi Robert:

You can configure firewall on the client group itself and add clients to the client group. The client/s will inherit the firewall settings. Clients can be added to the client group manually or automatically. See doc links below.

Configuring Multiple Clients Simultaneously

Creating a Smart Client Computer Group

I hope I have answered your question. Please do let us know if you need further help on this.

Posted: 04-29-2016, 3:04 PM

I have setting the Firewall Policy at the group level already figured out, however, we use 1 was firewall rules, so I need to have a FW rule on the CommServe in addition to the Group so the appropriate settings are set on both sides.

Group level set to: CommServe -  Block

CommServe set to:  GroupName - Restricted

Posted: 05-03-2016, 9:34 AM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 10-18-2019, 2:25 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,724

If there are media agents with the same rule as the CommServe, you can add them to a group of CS and media agents so then you only need to modify settings for the internal (cs\ma) group or external (client) group.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy