VSA VAPP license

Last post 06-23-2016, 12:33 PM by Ali. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • VSA VAPP license
    Posted: 06-16-2016, 1:09 PM

We purchased on VSA VAPP licenses to cover SQL servers and Exchange servers being backed up with the VSA agent. These machines were preexisting clients which had previously had a file system idata agent on them. I disabled the idata agent and now back up the machines with the VSA client. But what I can't figure out is how to get the SQL agent to start using the VAPP license and come out of my capacity license. 

• Re: VSA VAPP license
    Posted: 06-16-2016, 2:22 PM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 06-22-2019, 9:40 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Hi J, if you have already disabled the clients/subclients for backup activity and run Data Aging, it should drop from Capacity, are you not seeing that?

If you run a license summary report, do you see the details listed there? 

Posted: 06-16-2016, 2:53 PM

Correct, I am not seeing that. When I run a license summary report for example I have 227GB of Exchange Database showing up under my DPE licensing. That machine state was previously backed up with idata agent which I have now unchecked the "Enable Backup" on the subclient. So the system state data is properly being removed from my capacity license. But the Exchange Database data is still showing up.

We purchased 55 VAPP licenses to cover the number of machines we have with special databases on them. I am not sure how to "apply" a VAPP license to a particular machine or tell that it is under that license. 

Posted: 06-16-2016, 2:56 PM
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Could you share a report via a PM with me, would like to have a look further for you.

Posted: 06-16-2016, 3:11 PM

In fact, under our license summary I don't even see a line item for "VAPP" or anythign with 55 licenses. But our License Summary shows where we purchased 55 cSIM-V-APP licenses.

Posted: 06-23-2016, 12:33 PM
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Thanks Jake for the info, turns out this is a v11 feature, and once you upgrade, the license summary report wil list (sample below) 3them as Application Class Virtual license types for distinction, and they work with the Application Aware features.

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=products/vs_vmware/snap/c_vmw_backup_appaware_snap.htm

Sample Report Options:

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy