Close embedded popup input within a ForEeach Loop

Last post 08-20-2016, 11:20 AM by ZeroCool. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Close embedded popup input within a ForEeach Loop
    Posted: 07-12-2016, 8:24 PM

I have a ForEach loop that runs through a list of clients. A few of the clients will trigger a popup option. The problem is that there can be enough time between popups that it triggers the timeout event, breaking the workflow. I've been using an informational popup box after the selection as a workaround, but is there an option that I'm missing that will close a popup input box once satisfied?

• Re: Close embedded popup input within a ForEeach Loop
    Posted: 07-13-2016, 2:49 PM

Are you looking for a solution that allows you to increase the timeout or a way for the popup input activity to be skipped when some certain action is taken from a previous popup input?

The workflow itself cannot control the popup (i.e. close it) when it is shown on the user's screen.  You can set a timeout on the activity which will fail the activity if the user doesn't fill out the form in a certain amout of time.

Regards,
    Chris

Posted: 08-20-2016, 10:41 AM

I was actually seeing two issues. First, I'd get the timeout error. Secondly, after the user inputs the last of the variables the popup window would lock their Commcell Console access until the script completed (which would usually take several minutes).

The first part was solved via a registry edit called nWFRESPONSETIMEOUT . I just increased it and I haven't seen an issue since.

The second issue with the popup window locking the session I had found a less than elegant solution. After the input popup I inserted a simple alert-style informational window. Just so it looks like it serves a purpose, I have it display a "Job is now starting" message, but really it kills the popup box and frees the user to work on other things as the workflow is running.

Posted: 08-20-2016, 10:50 AM

You can use the endusersession activity to end the interactive session. Otherwise the GUI will continue to wait because it does not know if there are subsequent popups

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=features/workflow/activities.htm#endusersession

Posted: 08-20-2016, 11:20 AM

Yeah I would normally use that, but in this case I was asked to give them the option of showing the workflow summary as either an email or a popup. Ending the session prevents the summary popup to appear.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy