Run workflow from commandline with variable input

Last post 08-19-2016, 6:02 AM by Noosrep. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Run workflow from commandline with variable input
    Posted: 08-18-2016, 5:16 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to run my workflow (see attachment) from commandline by running following command:

qoperation execute -af execute_workflow.xml -associations/clientName ab00comm11 -workflowName TPRS_DeployOracleInstanceV3 -workflowJobOptions "<inputs><instanceName>TPRS</instanceName><domainName>TPRS</domainName></inputs>"

The content of execute_workflow.xml is downloaded from here:

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v10/articlep=products/commserve/cli_config_user_xml_files.htm#Executing_a_Workflow

However, I get following error and don't find any more information in the qcommand log files on the client and on the CommCell:

execute: Error 0x10c: execution of command resulted in exitCode [1]
    execute: Error 0x280: QSDKAPI already deinitialized. Please check qcommand.log for more information.

When I run the workflow (with TPRS as instanceName and as domainName hardcoded), then the workflow runs without error.

Is there something I'm missing in the workflowJobOptions blob?

Thanks! 

• Re: Run workflow from commandline with variable input
    Posted: 08-18-2016, 8:16 AM

Hi,

The command line your using here looks fine.  Can you attach the execute_workflow.xml and also check the QSDK and EvMgrS logs on the CommServer to see if there are any errors that show up when executing this?

Regards

Posted: 08-18-2016, 9:26 AM

I attached the workflow to this message. I also attached a piece of the two outher log files you mentioned. As far as I can see, the problem lies in the EvMrgs.log bit that says the instance is not set. I'm afraid I'm in the dark right now on how to solve this

Posted: 08-18-2016, 11:53 AM

Everything here looks fine as well and I tested all this on my local setup and it worked as expected.  Can you also upload the qcommand.log file from the machine that you are executing the qoperation command on as well?

Posted: 08-19-2016, 2:18 AM

Don't know if it makes any difference but my setup is a Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 with CommCell v11 btw. I attached the log file to this message

Attachment: qcommand-log.txt
    Posted: 08-19-2016, 5:54 AM

Can you try this same command on a Windows machine to see if it's just an issue with running it on Linux?  Also just to confirm, if you run the same command without the -workflowJobOptions parameter on Linux it is working?

Posted: 08-19-2016, 6:02 AM

I managed to fix it! The problem lies in the workflow itself. I did create the global parameters (instanceName and domainName) but didn't assign them in my activity like this:

xpath:{/workflow/inputs/instanceName}

Thanks to the EvMgrS log file you suggested, I could see that the instance name was not set so that got me thinking that the problem was in my workflow. 

Thanks for the help!

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy