Query for Copy Precedence

Last post 01-18-2017, 4:29 PM by PJValdez. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Query for Copy Precedence
    Posted: 11-08-2016, 11:37 AM

I'm developing a workflow to do a restore off an offsite copy, the problem, that copy is either set to precedence 2 or 3 depending on how many Aux's we have.  It's kinda not standard on weither the Copy is 2 or 3, but the name is always "Offsite Copy".

Does anyone have a query to the DB, API or XML that can determine if a copy is either precendence 2 or 3?

• Re: Query for Copy Precedence
    Posted: 01-18-2017, 3:18 PM

Give this query a try, when I experimented the a.copy matched the Precedence number in the GUI.

select b.name, a.name, a.copy

from dbo.archGroupCopy a

join dbo.archGroup b (NOLOCK)

on a.archGroupId = b.id

order by b.name,a.copy

• Re: Query for Copy Precedence
    Posted: 01-18-2017, 4:29 PM

Freakin awesome!  I've been digging around so much, but the join's are what get me.  Thanks A ton.  Man I found a workaround using a table via the CVcloud DB, but that sucks, its not live.  

Data only gets updates a couple times a day.  

This is WAAAY better, Thanks again.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy