Jobs Held By Extended Retention Table

Last post 02-02-2017, 8:22 AM by Jedi_knight_82. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Jobs Held By Extended Retention Table
    Posted: 01-30-2017, 6:58 AM

Good Morning,

Does anyone know of a table that has the information about the jobs that are retained by extended retention? I'm looking to pull just the storage policy, application size, data written, and retention.

I know there is a report for this already that I can run from the CommCell, but would like to know which table this information is being pulled from.

Any insight would be greaty appreciated.

• Re: Jobs Held By Extended Retention Table
    Posted: 01-30-2017, 1:24 PM

JMJobDataStats table has retentionFlags column which indicates that the job is extended retained or not. Each bit value represents different retention rule e.d weekly, monthly, etc.

Posted: 02-02-2017, 3:47 AM

Thanks..... Other thank joining the tables together to get what I want, do you know of a table/view that would have the information below?

Job ID, Client Name, Agent, Subclient, Storage Policy, Backup Time, Retain Until, App. Size, Data Written

Posted: 02-02-2017, 8:22 AM

Thanks for your help.... I went ahead and wrote a query to get the information below.  I think this would be a good view for CV to add.

selectdistinct a.jobid, a.clientname, a.idataagent, a.instance, a.backupset, a.subclient,c.name as'storage policy',d.name as'copy',a.backuplevel,a.startdate,(((a.numbytesuncomp/1024)/1024)/1024)as'applicaton size (GB)',(((a.numbytesuncomp/1024)/1024)/1024)as'data written(GB)'

from CommServ.dbo.CommCellBackupInfo as a, CommServ.dbo.JMJobDataStats as b, CommServ.dbo.archGroup as c, CommServ.dbo.archGroupCopy as d

where a.jobid = b.jobId --joining table a and b on the job id

and a.clientname like'CustID%'

and b.auxCopyJobId != 0

and b.status= 100

and a.isAgedStr ='No'

and a.data_sp = c.name --joining tables a and c on storage policy name to allow for the stoarge policy and copy to be displayed

and c.id = d.archGroupId --joining table c and d on the storage policy ID

and c.name like'%CustID%'

and d.name like'%CopyUniqueID%'

orderby c.name asc, startdate desc

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy