Restore specific File vom "System Proteced Files"

Last post 06-21-2017, 5:57 AM by sudeep. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Restore specific File vom "System Proteced Files"
    Posted: 05-24-2017, 4:50 AM

Hi,

we're using CommVault 11 SP6 to backup our SQL-Servers. Aditionaly to the MSSQL iDataAgent we use the Filesystem Agent to backup the SQL-Software itself. Unfortunatly there are some executables which are not backed up via the "normal" filesystem backup but via the system state backup unter "System Protected Files" (ex. "SQLAGENT.EXE & "sqlservr.exe"). When I browse the data for restore I can only select the whole "System Protected Files", but I need only some of them.

Is there any way to browse the content of these files to choose what should be restored?

Regards,
    Janko

• Re: Restore specific File vom "System Proteced Files"
    Posted: 06-17-2017, 11:40 AM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 06-26-2017, 12:41 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Expert
    • Points 1,085

To restore this data you would need to restore the System Protected Files in the System State out of place and then you can find the needed files.

Run the command below if you want to generate a list of the files that are designated SPF.

diskshadow /L c:\metadata.txt
    list writers detailed
    exit

• Re: Restore specific File vom "System Proteced Files"
    Posted: 06-21-2017, 5:57 AM

jankete:

Hi,

we're using CommVault 11 SP6 to backup our SQL-Servers. Aditionaly to the MSSQL iDataAgent we use the Filesystem Agent to backup the SQL-Software itself. Unfortunatly there are some executables which are not backed up via the "normal" filesystem backup but via the system state backup unter "System Protected Files" (ex. "SQLAGENT.EXE & "sqlservr.exe"). When I browse the data for restore I can only select the whole "System Protected Files", but I need only some of them.

Is there any way to browse the content of these files to choose what should be restored?

Regards,
    Janko

When you do the 'Browse and Restore' and 'View Content', select System State and right click System Protected Files and click on 'Find'. You could get the options to search for the files you are looking for.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy