Restore jobs VNX2 via NDMP very slow

Last post 06-19-2017, 12:27 PM by m*i*l*e*s. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Restore jobs VNX2 via NDMP very slow
    Posted: 06-13-2017, 9:42 AM

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with EMC (VNX2/Celerra) and NDMP backup and recovery.

At the moment I seem to get 1GB per min restore times :-/.

Using CV V11 SP6.

EMC VNX2 5600 with SAN attached (8Gb) Spectra T50e LTO7 library.

Backup is better but not great, avg about 500GB per hour. But its the restore that seems not right to me. I have played around with DAR option but that makes no differrence.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks in advance

• Re: Restore jobs VNX2 via NDMP very slow
    Posted: 06-16-2017, 11:52 AM

While not identical, we use NDMP to backup an old VNX5300 to LTO5. Restores run ~300GB/hr easy.

File size matters of course.

• Re: Restore jobs VNX2 via NDMP very slow
    Posted: 06-19-2017, 12:27 PM

Thanks for the input seabird.

5GB/min off LTO5 and I'm running LTO7 so you would expect a significant improvemnt over that, so my 1GB/min is pretty poor by any standard.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy