Task: release disk lease

Last post 06-20-2017, 5:03 PM by jpeake. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Task: release disk lease
    Posted: 06-19-2017, 9:52 AM

So , I have a few vm's that when running my vmware snaps that when completed I get a run of about 50-80 TASK:RELEASE DISK LEASE messages. This VM only has 4 drives , so this is a little overkill. Its working properly, the back up is successful and nothing is broken. Just wondering for my own knowledge, Why so many disk leases?? 

• Re: Task: release disk lease
    Posted: 06-20-2017, 10:42 AM

We saw this too.  Something to do with virtual disk I beleive.  We were using intellisnap.  After we moved to proxyless all of this vcenter chatter went away. 

Not sure that its a sign of a problem.  If I remember correctly CV said this was normal, we just didn't like it because of how many tasks were executing ont he Vcenter and how chatty it made the tasks for review. 

SP8 makes the proxyless vmware backups a standard option.  Maybe that would fix you?

Brad

Posted: 06-20-2017, 10:46 AM

I have 1/2 on intellisnap and the other half still basic snaps. And thats where it happens. I have not tried proxyless. In your experience is it any quicker for non intellisnap jobs?

Posted: 06-20-2017, 10:48 AM

We only use intellisnap jobs.  So not sure about regular ones.  Would maybe have to check with someone to see if proxyless works on non-intellisnap. 

Brad

Posted: 06-20-2017, 5:03 PM

This is informational only and can be ignored.  It has to do with the disk lease required for every fragment of a VMDK file, required during backup.  If a VMDK is stored in 70 fragments, you will see this message 70 times.  There was a KB article somewhere that detailed this, can't find it now.

Not a CommVault thing, any backup solution using CBT will generate these

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy