Trouble installing File System agent -- InstallUpdates has stopped working

Last post 08-23-2017, 9:30 AM by Liam. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Trouble installing File System agent -- InstallUpdates has stopped working
    Posted: 08-11-2017, 9:28 AM

I'm trying to install the File System agent and the installation stops with an error "InstallUpdates has stopped working."  We're on version 10 right now and my installer is SP15 so there's no need to check for updates.  Can I resolve or skip the update check to complete the installation?

• Re: Trouble installing File System agent -- InstallUpdates has stopped working
    Posted: 08-11-2017, 9:38 AM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 10-10-2017, 11:24 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Could you attach the Install.log or the UpdateInfo.log if its there from the client you're doing the install on?

Please make sure to remove hostnames and IPs if needed.

• Re: Trouble installing File System agent -- InstallUpdates has stopped working
    Posted: 08-11-2017, 9:55 AM

I can't find those logs.  Where should they be located?

Posted: 08-11-2017, 10:01 AM

I found install.log.  It's attached.

Attachment: Install.txt
    Posted: 08-11-2017, 10:17 AM
    • Ali is not online. Last active: 10-10-2017, 11:24 PM Ali
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2010

Could you confirm there is no Antivirus interfeering or is there a FW between the client and the CS that may be blocking communication?

Posted: 08-11-2017, 11:35 AM

This server is using Webroot Secure Anywhere.  I've disabled the RealTimeShield, Web Shield, and Firewall to no avail.

The Windows firewall is disabled.

I'm unaware if there is a hardware firewall at this time.

A little background:

This server is in an office that affiliated with my company a few months back.  We will put our equipment in it eventually but for now they are running their own equipment.  Commvault software was installed on this server and backups have been running until about a week ago.  I could not get them working again so I attemped a reinstall of the software.  After uninstalling, I am running into trouble reinstalling.

Posted: 08-23-2017, 9:30 AM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 10-13-2017, 9:21 AM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Expert
    • Points 1,136

Is the commvault directory being creating program files? If so can you attatch the updateinfo.log in the simpana\log files directory? 

Is the installation crashing or generating anything in the system and application logs for the operating system? 

Can you download a new installation package to rule out an issue with the one you are currenlty using? 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2017 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy